For Reservations Call: +1-828-625-8870 BroadRiverInn@gmail.com

History of Broad River Inn

Img 1720

The first building built on this site was Harris Tavern which was established by Dr. John Washington Harris.  It become a stagecoach stop in 1830’s. In 1866 Harris Tavern became the Logan House after being purchased by Judge George W. Logan.  Subsequently leased in 1877 by James M. Flack.

Two events devastated the Logan House, first the Great Flood of 1916 and later a fire in March 1930. The fire started in the village of Chimney Rock and destroyed nine buildings,  The Logan House being one of the greatest losses. The Logan House was rebuilt in August 1930.

In 1947 the Logan House wash purchased by  the Washburns and became Pine Gables.

Over the years there have been several other owners and many renovations.  In March 2002, Larry and Carol Lane became the proud owners of this historic Inn. Since they had a 25 year background in retail, they had no intentions of running an Inn.  Before long however, past guests and the history of this historic building convinced them to open the Inn again. In 2003 they purchased the land next door and built our 18 hole Mini Golf course along the river.

In November of 2017 we purchased Fibber Magee’s Riverfront Lodging and Mini-Golf and it became the Broad River Inn, Coffee Shop and Chimney Rock Adventure Golf.  We have been working feverishly to restore and remodel the Inn and give it a touch of class while keeping a warm, rustic inviting feel. Our beautiful lobby is a perfect place to display the work of local artists and come enjoy a cup of coffee, surf the net and meet new friends.

Broad River Inn

We know you’ll love the “casual ambiance” of our romantic inn accommodations and five star coffee shop located along the Rocky Broad River in downtown Chimney Rock, NC.

    Follow us on Google+